Why You Just Might Need Emergency Plumbing
According to a recent study by the National Survey of Homeowners, more than a third of homeowners have had to call for help with plumbing in the past year. And while this might not seem like a big deal, if your plumbing fails and you don’t have access to it, it can be a real problem.
With all this in mind, it’s important to make sure your home is well-stocked with emergency plumbing supplies in case of an emergency. And fortunately, there are several things you can do to make sure you’re prepared.
What is an emergency plumbing situation?
When faced with a plumbing emergency, it is important to know the difference between an emergency and a routine situation. Here are five signs you may need emergency plumbing assistance:
1. You can’t flush your toilet or your sink is overflowing.
2. Your water is coming out of the faucet in a torrential flow, or your shower is not working.
3. You see water or sewage flooding from under the house or garage.
4. There is a lot of noise or water coming from strange places in your home.
5. You smell gas or something burning.
What to do if you have a flood or leak
If you’ve ever had a flood or had to deal with a leak, you know that it can be a headache. Here are some things to do if emergency plumbing is necessary:
1. Make sure all the doors and windows are closed and locked to avoid cross contamination.
2. Turn off any water supplies that might be connected to the flood or leak.
3. Shut off the main water valve in the house.
4. If the leak is coming from a pipe, turn off the surrounding valves until you can assess and repair the leak.
5. If the leak is from a tank or other large container, use a bucket to collect as much of the water as possible, then shut off the valve. Try to cap or contain the hole as best you can.
6. Call an emergency plumber as soon as possible!
What Causes an Emergency?
If you find yourself without adequate plumbing during a time of emergency, your situation can quickly become dire. Here are some common causes of emergencies that may require plumbing assistance:
1. Broken water pipes: A broken water pipe can turn a simple inconvenience into a life-threatening emergency. If the leak is small, it may be possible to fix the pipe on your own. But if the leak is large or the pipe is damaged, you will need professional help to fix the problem and prevent further water damage.
2. Burst pipes: A burst pipe can happen when water pressure becomes too high in an enclosed area, such as a basement or washing machine room. The intense pressure can cause pipes to burst, leaving residents and property owners without water. If you notice water spilling from your washing machine or flooding your basement, don’t wait – call an expert for help!
3. Leaks from fixtures: Many home appliances – from toilets to dishwashers – come with built-in leaks that can create problems if left unchecked. Check to see if any of your faucets are leaking before calling for repairs; if they are, tighten the knobs and wait until the next rainstorm to have
How to Respond to an Emergency Situation
There are a few things you should do if you experience an emergency plumbing situation. Here’s what to do if you find yourself with a clogged drain:
1. Clear any obstruction from the drain using a plunger or snake.
2. If the obstruction is large, break it up using a broom or piece of wood.
3. Pour a pot of boiling water down the drain to loosen and dislodge the blockage.
4. If the obstruction is still not moving, use a hydro-jet cleaner to break up the blockage and dissolve it.
Preparing for an Emergency
There are a few things you can do to prepare yourself and your loved ones in case of an emergency plumbing situation. First and foremost, be aware of the different types of emergencies that could occur. There are water emergencies, fire emergencies, and hazardous material emergencies, to name a few. Next, make sure to have all of the necessary supplies on hand in the event of an emergency. This includes items like towels and blankets, first aid supplies, and a phone charger. Finally, ensure that your plumbing is up to date and in good working order. This will help you avoid any potential problems during an emergency.
Contact Us Below For Professional Help
Emergency plumbing service is a necessity for most people. If something goes wrong with the plumbing in your home, you’ll need someone to come and fix it as soon as possible. Here are four reasons why you just might need emergency plumbing service:
1) A blocked drain: Blocked drains are one of the most common causes of emergency plumbing service. If water doesn’t flow out of your sink or bathtub, it can cause flooding in your home. A professional plumber can unblock your drain quickly and without causing any damage.
2) A broken pipe: A broken pipe can also lead to a lot of trouble. If water starts pouring out of your faucet uncontrollably, you may have a serious water leak. A plumber can quickly identify the problem and repair it while avoiding any further damage.
3) A clogged sewer: If garbage buildup in your sewer is causing problems with your water supply, an emergency plumber may be necessary to clear the blockage. Without proper sewage disposal, sewage can overflow into your home and cause major flooding.